Jeffrey Schreiber represents consumer creditors such as direct issuers and debt buyers in collection litigation in all the New England states (except Rhode Island). He too defends members of the credit and collection industry such as law firms, collection agencies, and lenders in consumer protection litigation. Mr. Schreiber is a litigator and trial attorney with decades of experience. He successfully handles complex business disputes that allege, among other things, fraud, negligence, breach of contract, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and malicious prosecution.
Mr. Schreiber is admitted to practice law in Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, Pennsylvania, Washington, DC, and Indiana. In 2012, He was designated as one of Boston’s Top Rated Lawyers by the American Lawyer. And, in 2015, 2016, and 2020-2023, Mr. Schreiber was named a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine.
- J.D. – Syracuse University College of Law
- Honors: Adelphia Law Journal, Moot Court Board & Dean’s List Student
- A.B. – Bowdoin College, Brunswick, Maine Magna Cum Laude (Major: Government and Legal Studies)
- Honors: Dean’s List Student
Managing Member – Schreiber / Cohen, LLC a leading creditor right law firm concentrating in the representation of creditors and businesses in Chapters 7, 11, and 13 proceedings, out of court workouts, business reorganizations, and state and federal court insolvency, liquidation, cases and related business litigation and account receivable.
Shareholder, Schreiber & Associates, P.C. with offices in North Andover, Massachusetts and Lake Success, New York. The firm concentrates its practices in business and trial matters with departments concentrating in insolvency and bankruptcy law, business reorganization, creditors’ rights, collection and commercial law, banking and finance, and related civil litigation in the state and federal courts throughout New England, New York, and the Midwest.
- -Associate, Burns & Levinson, Boston, Massachusetts. Member of firm’s business trial department concentrating in bankruptcy, federal and state court litigation.
- -Associate, Parker, Coulter, Daley & White, Boston, Massachusetts. Member of firm’s business trial department.
- -Law Clerk, Hon. Leon J. Marketos (deceased), Chief Judge, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of New York.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE LAW IN THE FOLLOWING JURISDICTIONS = MA, NH, NY, IN, PA, DC, and VT
- ACA International
- Indiana Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Boston Bar Association (1983 – present, Business Reorganization and Commercial Law Committee)
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys
ARTICLES / BOOKS
- Massachusetts – since 1982
- New York – since 1984
- Indiana – since 2003
- New Hampshire – since 2005
- Washington, D.C. – since 2005
- Pennsylvania – since 2013
- And The Federal Courts Situated Therein
- “Allowing to Fail: Should the Bankruptcy Laws be Eliminated?” BOSTON BUSINESS JOURNAL 36 (Vol. 17, No. 40
November 14 – 20, 1997).
- “Non-Fraudulent Transfers Under Bankruptcy Act,” 14 MASSACHUSETTS LAWYERS WEEKLY 913 (Vol. 14, No. 25 March 10,
- “Bankruptcy Amendments & Federal Judgeship Act,” 13 MASSACHUSETTS LAWYERS WEEKLY 413 (Vol. 14, No. 13
December 17, 1984).
- “Consumer Debtor Alternatives: An Approach to Insolvency Counseling under the Bankruptcy Reform Act,” 87
COMMERCIAL LAW JOURNAL 475, 573, 636 (October, November & December 1982), reprinted in 37 PERSONAL FINANCE
LAW QUARTERLY 19 et seq. (Winter 1983).
- “Medical Implants and the Law,” 1982 MEDICAL TRIAL TECHNIQUE QUARTERLY 445.
- “Dries v. Gregor: A Case Study of Informed Consent Doctrine in New York,” 53 NEW YORK STATE BAR JOURNAL 431